Monday 24 March 2014

Monday Night Comfort Food: Cheesy Garlic Bruschetta

 


Comfort food, it's the best thing about Mondays isn't it? That weekly excuse of 'Eugh! Monday! I'll have to something to cheer myself up...' Or is that just me?
 
 
Regardless, a huge bowl of pasta and some cheesy bruschetta was top of my agenda for this evening. I was lucky enough to find a three cheese sourdough loaf in my local supermarket and it was perfect for this! It's really simple, ten minutes is all that stands between you and garlicky deliciousness.
 
 
Cheesy Garlic Bruschetta
Makes 1 loaf
 
1 Crusty White Loaf (sliced)
5 Cloves of Garlic
Butter
Handful of Parsley (finely chopped)
 
- Halve one of the garlic cloves, and finely chop the other four. You can use less garlic, I'm a bit of a garlic fiend!
 
- Lightly toast the sliced bread under the grill on both sides.
 
- Rub half a garlic clove over one side of each of the slices.
 
- Spread butter very thickly on the slices and top with the chopped garlic.
 
- Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes.
 
- When going golden around the edges and all the butter has melted, remove and sprinkle with parsley.
 
- It's ready to nom!!!
 
If all this thinking about bread is making you want to read more about bread, this is an amazing article about food obsessions! I'm not quite there. Yet.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment