Thursday 27 March 2014

A Spring Salad...


Well, the climate hasn't improved very much here in rainy Manchester, but in my little flat spring has well and truly sprung. I popped to my nearest market after work in search of a little dinner inspiration on was absolutely thrilled to find fresh peas! I know I need to get out more, but it did give me an idea...
 

Fresh peas, radishes, a bit of mint and some delicious soft, creamy goats cheese, that's one heavenly, fresh salad. I dished it up with some grilled chicken, drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled with mint. It's even good for you!
 
Clearly the healthiness of dinner needed to be counterbalanced somehow! Luckily, I had leftover mint and half a lime at my disposal. With the help of a bottle of pear cider I've managed to faithfully recreate the Pear Cider Mojito of Friday night! I'm in spring time heaven!

 
Pea, Radish and Goats Cheese Salad
 
Serves 2 as a side
Approx 250g freshly shelled peas
Bunch of radishes (sliced)
Handful of finely chopped mint
50g crumbled soft goats cheese
Drizzle of olive oil
 
- Briefly boil the peas, two minutes should be plenty
- Combine peas, radishes, mint and olive oil
- Plate up and top with crumbled goats cheese
- Voila! You didn't even need the recipe!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment